–Bend, so you don’t break-
Do you often find yourself rushing to exercise in between lunch breaks or after work? Rushing to social commitments? Rushing to find stillness? And once you find some time for yourself, you quickly fill it up with meaningless clutter, because you can’t stand the feeling of being unproductive? Do you seldomly meditate or are not really sure how meditation actually works? Do you rarely go dancing anymore because it involves drinking and late nights – and you are just too damn tired for this?
Our daily lives are often busy and packed with work or family related commitments. Even if we choose these commitments deliberately, they tire us and seldomly give us time to breathe and actually listen to what our body wants. This weekend will give you the space to connect body, mind and soul, to feel into your needs and satisfy them. With self-love, sisterly love and love for mother earth.
This weekend will be about you. Come as you are, be who you are – or be nobody at all. We handpicked ten beautiful women to share this weekend with. You are one of them.
We are creating a space to practice yoga, dance, breathe and meditate. A space where you feel safe to unfold into your true self and share this experience with nine other gorgeous women, thereby creating a flourishing sisterhood that will last much longer than this weekend.
Copyright: Artist Viorika Zagórowska @viorikita
Hindu goddess Lakshmi personifies good fortune, wealth and prosperity, as well as delight, splendor, health, and charm.
When and Where
Date: Weekend of 30 August to 1 September 2019
Location: Freiraum am Seddinsee, Fischersteig 1b, 15537 Gosen-Neu Zittau, 1 hour from Berlin
About the Location
“Freiraum am Seddinsee” stands for a free and open space, a clearing, next to lake Seddin. This place, located on the border of Berlin and Brandenburg, can conveniently be reached in about one hour with public transport from Berlin center or in 45 minutes by car.
Although so close to Berlin, it will take you away from obligations, duties and responsibilities for 48 hours, allowing you to unwind, unload and expand.
We will create our own free space on 120 sqm, including a cozy area to relax and drink tea. After classes we can jump into Lake Seddin to cool down during the day and take a walk around the area.
We will all be sleeping together in one room. Please make sure you bring whatever you need to sleep comfortably. There is also the possibility to camp outside. Meals served will be vegan and gluten free.
Everybody and every body is welcome. No prior experience needed. Absolute beginners are absolutely welcome.
Aurelia practiced yoga and meditation as a form of physical exercise and tool for relaxation to find balance from her job as economic adviser to a Member of the European Parliament in Brussels.In August 2018, she spent time in a healing center in Thailand, intensively practicing yoga, breathwork and meditation, and encountered the spiritual side of yoga.
She tried out different tools to release stress, tension, stored emotions and childhood trauma. Quite quickly Aurelia began to see a shift in her character, in her relationships with others and life in general. During that time, the value of trusting friendships and a supportive sisterhood became immeasurable to her.
Since then, she has been experimenting with different styles of meditation (14-day silent retreat, walking meditation, 60-hour self-love and self-healing Meditation Teacher Training), and completed a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Course. She is also a certified Usui Reiki Level IV/Teacher and Chi Nei Tsang practitioner.
Aurelia has been guiding self-healing meditations during the May Yoga Teacher Training Course of Sunny Yoga on Koh Phangan, Thailand, and is currently teaching daily yoga classes in a women’s empowerment project in Kampot, Cambodia. She is looking forward to sharing her knowledge with other women in similar life situations during upcoming retreats.
Irmela’s yoga journey first started on a very physical level – she wanted to gain more strength and flexibility and was looking for ways to relieve back pain. Regular practice helped her to reach all of those goals, but the most amazing thing was the change to her mind and other dimensions of her life over time.
She found herself becoming more and more conscious about her patterns, the beliefs about herself and the world around her. She realized that what she wanted from the outside world, she first needed to cultivate in herself. Yoga has changed her life completely for the better. It has become a way of living, a way to connect with herself, her inner wisdom, and the world.
She believes that yoga is not just about the shapes we make on the mat – the real yoga happens when we bring our practice beyond that and commit to living by the values that the philosophy of yoga teaches. For her, yoga has been a path to healing, self-acceptance and compassion for the world around her. She wholeheartedly believes in the transformational power of yoga.
She loves the opportunity to share her knowledge and passion with others and to assist them in their own unique yoga journey. Her practices and her teachings are now a balanced mix of physical, mental and spiritual practices.
Can you explain the different workshops to me?
- Anahata Yoga: A vinyasa yoga flow focused on opening the chest and allowing our hearts to breathe.
- Breath of Bliss: Breathwork practice that enables you to connect your body, mind and soul and take you on a beautiful journey.
- Closing: We share our feelings about the weekend and thank each other for our presence before saying goodbye.
- Ecstatic Dance: Dance like nobody is watching. No alcohol, no drugs. Just love for movement.
- Free time: Journal about your experience, take a nap, go for a swim or connect with other women.
- Hatha Yoga: A dose of happiness and energy to start invigorated into the weekend.
- Self-love Meditation: We often invest a lot of time and effort into showing love to our family, partners and friends. It’s time to give ourselves some tender loving care.
- Sharing Circle and Intentions: We will present ourselves and share our intentions for this weekend. Take some time beforehand to think or journal about your intentions.
- Women’s Circle: Sharing is caring. We talk about our fears and our strengths, provide support and inspiration for each other and sometimes also a hug.
- Yin Yoga and Reiki: Relax and let go of the day with grounding yin yoga postures and healing Reiki to further reduce stress.
- Yoni Yoga: A sensual body movement, meditation and breathwork practice focused on femininity.
What to bring
- Loose, comfortable clothes for yoga and dance
- A journal and a pen
- Swim wear and towel
- Whatever you need to sleep comfortably: earplugs, sleeping mask
Total costs for the weekend will amount to 225 euro.
What is included: Accommodation, vegan/gluten free meals and all events of the schedule above.
What is not included: Arrival and departure costs.
This looks amazing. How can I secure my spot?
- Secure your spot by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and paying a deposit of 100 euro (further payment details will be made available by email).
- Payment and Cancellation Policy: The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled. The remaining booking amount is due upon arrival.
I have some more questions…
- Please do not hesitate to contact either Aurelia or Irmela about this event.