–Bend, so you don’t break-
Do you often find yourself rushing to exercise in between lunch breaks or after work? Rushing to social commitments? Rushing to find stillness? And once you find some time for yourself, you quickly fill it up with meaningless clutter, because you can’t stand the feeling of being unproductive? Do you seldomly meditate or are not really sure how meditation actually works? Do you rarely go dancing anymore because it involves drinking and late nights – and you are just too damn tired for this?
Our daily lives are often busy and packed with work or family related commitments. Even if we choose these commitments deliberately, they tire us and seldomly give us time to breathe and actually listen to what our body wants. This weekend will give you the space to connect body, mind and soul, to feel into your needs and satisfy them. With self-love, sisterly love and love for mother earth.
This weekend will be about you. Come as you are, be who you are – or be nobody at all. We handpicked ten beautiful women to share this weekend with. You are one of them.
We are creating a space to practice yoga, dance, breathe and meditate. A space where you feel safe to unfold into your true self and share this experience with nine other gorgeous women, thereby creating a flourishing sisterhood that will last much longer than this weekend.
Copyright: Artist Viorika Zagórowska @viorikita
Hindu goddess Lakshmi personifies good fortune, wealth and prosperity, as well as delight, splendor, health, and charm.
When and Where
Date: Weekend of 16 to 18 August 2019
Location: Freiraum am Seddinsee, Fischersteig 1b, 15537 Gosen-Neu Zittau, 1 hour from Berlin
About the Location
“Freiraum am Seddinsee” stands for a free and open space, a clearing, next to lake Seddin. This place, located on the border of Berlin and Brandenburg, can conveniently be reached within one hour with public transport from Berlin center or in 45 minutes by car.
Although so close to Berlin, it will take you away from obligations, duties and responsibilities for 48 hours, allowing you to unwind, unload and expand.
We will create our own free space on 120 sqm, including a cozy area to relax and drink tea. After classes we can jump into Lake Seddin to cool down during the day, take a walk around the area and sit together for bonfire in the evening.
We will all be sleeping together in one room. Please make sure you bring whatever you need to sleep comfortably. There is also the possibility to camp outside. Meals served will be vegan/vegetarian.
Everybody and every body is welcome. No prior experience needed. Absolute beginners are absolutely welcome.
Aurelia first encountered yoga as a form of physical exercise when she was 15 and used it as a tool for relaxation to find balance from her job as economic adviser to a Member of the European Parliament in Brussels. She was playing around with different meditation apps, knowing that meditation should be beneficial, but somehow not getting it quite right.
In August 2018, she spent time in a healing center in Thailand, intensively practicing yoga, breathwork and meditation. She tried out different tools to release stress, tension, stored emotions and childhood trauma. Slowly she began to see a shift in her character, in her relationships with others and life in general. She understood that yoga is so much more than a workout.
Since then, she has been experimenting with different styles of breathwork and meditation (14-day silent retreat, walking meditation, 60-hour self-love and self-healing Meditation Teacher Training), and completed a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Course.
She will be teaching daily yoga classes in a women’s empowerment project in Cambodia during June and July and is looking forward to sharing her knowledge with other women in upcoming retreats.
Giulia is a professional dancer who, after her studies in Italy, moved to Germany in 2013 to continue her dancing career. This is also where she first encountered yoga. She started to experience great benefits for her body and mind that the practice of yoga provides, especially when dealing with anxiety and restlessness.
During her first years in Berlin she kept working as a professional dancer for various companies and projects. In early 2016 she started to teach dance classes to kids and adults. She has always had a keen interest in the art of movement and loves to share this with her students. Teaching them to (re)connect with their bodies through improvisation and helping them to discover new ways of movement whilst focusing on the breath. To be conscious of each movement in each moment.
After several years of yoga practice, she started to dig deeper into yoga philosophy and meditation. In early 2019 she completed a 200-hour Multi-Style Yoga Teacher Training Course in Thailand.
Currently she is based in Berlin, where she works as a Dance and Yoga Teacher in different studios.
Can you explain the different workshops to me?
- Anahata Yoga: A vinyasa yoga flow focused on opening the chest and allowing our hearts to breathe.
- Closing: We share our feelings about the weekend and thank each other for our presence before saying goodbye.
- Contemporary and Contact Dance: Improvise to reconnect with your body, discover new ways of moving, play with gravity and use points of physical contact as a starting point for movement improvisation and exploration.
- Ecstatic Dance: Dance like nobody is watching. No alcohol, no drugs. Just love for movement.
- Free time: Journal about your experience, take a nap, go for a swim or connect with other women.
- Hatha Yoga: A dose of happiness and energy to start invigorated into the weekend.
- Self-love Meditation: We often invest a lot of time and effort into showing love to our family, partners and friends. It’s time to give ourselves some tender loving care.
- Sharing Circle and Intentions: We will present ourselves and share our intentions for this weekend. Take some time beforehand to think or journal about your intentions.
- Women’s Circle: Sharing is caring. We talk about our fears and our strengths, providing support and inspiration for each other and sometimes also a hug.
- Yin Yoga and Pranayama: Relax and let go of the day with grounding yin yoga postures and calming breathwork.
- Yoni Yoga: A sensual body movement, meditation and breathwork practice focused on femininity.
What to bring
- Loose, comfortable clothes for yoga and dance
- A journal and a pen
- Swim wear and towel
- Whatever you need to sleep comfortably: earplugs, sleeping mask
Total costs for the weekend will amount to 180 euro.
What is included: Accommodation, vegan/vegetarian meals and all events of the schedule above.
What is not included: Arrival and departure costs.
This looks amazing. How can I secure my spot?
- Secure your spot by sending an email to email@example.com and paying a deposit of 100 euro (further payment details will be made available by email).
- Payment and Cancellation Policy: The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled. The remaining booking amount is due upon arrival.
I have some more questions…
- Please do not hesitate to contact either Aurelia or Giulia about this event.